To promote healing and lessen discomfort, please follow these guidelines:
1. For the next ONE week, do not insert anything into your vagina. This includes tampons, douching, and sexual intercourse.
2. Resume usual activities after leaving today.
3. You may shower. Avoid hot tubs or swimming for one week.
4. You may have mild cramping in your lower abdomen for one to two days. You may take Ibuprofen such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve or Tylenol if you are not allergic to it. Please follow the instructions on the bottle. Use ibuprofen 200 mg, 2 tablets every 4 hours as needed for severe cramps. Do not use ibuprofen if you are allergic to aspirin.
5. You may have some dark or bright red spotting/discharge for one to two days. This may last for up to one week. Use pads only (no tampons). Do not be alarmed if your period is off-schedule this month.
PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE for:
1. Bleeding heavier than menses, filling one pad or more an hour for 2 hours in a row.
2. Persistent severe pain or cramping after 72 hours.
3. Foul vaginal discharge.
4. Temperature greater than 100.4 degrees.