1. You can go back to normal daily activities immediately after the Nexplanon insertion BUT wait 24 hours before doing upper body gym exercise.
2. After the numbness in your arm wears off, you may have some soreness for one week.
3. There also may be some swelling, bruising, or discoloration for up to two weeks.
4. Try not to bump the place where the Nexplanon was put in for one week.
5. Keep the large gauze bandage on for 24 HOURS and keep it dry.
6. Remove the large bandage after 24 hours and leave on the sterri-strips (the small white strips)
7. Remove the steri strips in ONE WEEK.
8. The Nexplanon is effective within 3 days if it was put in within 5 days of the first day of your period. HOWEVER we ask that you use back up contraception for 14 days after insertion.
9. One week after insertion you don’t have to worry about bumping it or putting pressure on it. You can hold your child, carry books, do housework, exercise or do whatever you usually do.
PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE for:
1. Foul pus discharge from the insertion site.
2. Temperature greater than 100.4 degrees.