Vaginal/Vulvar Biopsy OR Bartholins Cyst Drainage
1. Pain is usually mild to moderate. If discomfort occurs, use acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) or ibuprofen (such as Advil) as directed. Avoid aspirin.
2. Ice packs (ice wrapped in a cloth) can be placed on the area for 10 minutes to help the pain/discomfort, as needed.
3. There are no dietary restrictions.
4. You may return to work/school.
5. Soak in a tub of warm water with 2 TABLESPOON of salt (table, Epsom etc) for TWENTY MINUTES TWICE A DAY for ONE week.
6. If your doctor used stitches they will fall out, DO NOT PULL THEM OUT.
7. Avoid intercourse for TWO WEEKS.
PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE for:
1. Bleeding heavier than menses, filling a pad or more an hour for 2 hours in a row.
2. Persistent pain or cramping after 72 hours.
3. Foul vaginal discharge.
4. Temperature greater than 100.4 degrees.